- 543 words
- 3 min
This is the 10 installment in my 'Monthlog' - a public list of blog posts, announcements, videos, podcasts, software, and libraries that catch my attention each month. I hope that regular readers will skim through the listings and find one, or multiple, things that pique their interest.
Note: Posts are not ordered in any particular way. If you find an article you think I might like, send it to me via one of the channels on my homepage.
Null Program: Conventions for Command Line Options - If you're building a CLI this is a great read; explaining the conventions of CLI arguments and where they originated from. Discussion on HN
Jesse Duffield: Beginners Guide to Abstraction - A look at how to properly abstract as a software developer. Jesse is the developer of some popular open-source command-line utilities such as Lazy Git.
Recommended Sources to Follow
Below are a few media sources and voices I follow.
- Matthias Endler: Rust developer and host of 'Hello, Rust!'
- Paul Graham: Member of YC, offers insightful well-written posts about business and software.
- Victor Zhou: Recent Princeton CS Graduate publishing informative guides with some focus on Machine Learning.
- Francesc Campoy: Gopher and JustForFunc host.
- Deterministic.Space - Pascal Hertleif's blog (g/KillerCup): Mostly Rust stuff.
- This Week In Rust - Rust news every week.
- EthHub Weekly - Weekly Ethereum updates, a quick paragraph summarising each headline.
- The Changelog: 'Conversations with the hackers, leaders, and innovators of software development.'
- Software Engineering Daily: Daily conversations covering anything Software Development related.
- Linux Unplugged: A Jupiter Broadcasting show. Relaxed, focused on Linux but touches on all things Unix and Open Source.
- Invest Like the Best: Finance and investing podcast often featuring Crypto.
- Y Combinator: Conversations with Y Combinator founders.
- Into the Ether: 'Focusing on all things Ethereum, the leading blockchain for decentralized applications.'